New York Photo Diary

Last week Luke and I went on a 5 day trip to New York, it was the first time we had both been, but thankfully we have friends that live there who gave us a a little tour. what I wore in New York memoir modewhat I wore in New YorkNew York photo diarystaten island ferry viewtop of the rock at nightrockafella centerwhat I wore in New York 2central parkheart shaped branches central parkNew York photo diary 2what i wore in the waldorf astoriawhat i wore in the waldorf astoriapark avenue new yorknew york buildingsnew york buildingswhat I wore in New Yorknew york buildingsbarbie football table

Last week Luke and I went on a 5 day trip to New York, it was the first time we had both been, but thankfully we have friends that live there who gave us a a little tour.  I did go during NYFW, but I didn’t go to do anything fashion related, just a holiday.

On the first day we arrived at 12pm midday New York time, I passed out asleep in our hotel (I cannot function without sleep). We stayed in the Waldorf Astoria which is very nice, but very old fashioned, not for the contemporary lovers.  Then we went out to a bar/grill for din dins.

The second day was basically a sight seeing day.  We caught the Staten island ferry – which is free – to see the Statue of Liberty and came straight back again.  We went to Wall street and walked passed Ground Zero, which is now some humongous new buildings,  It felt so chilling being in the area.  Then my camera broke and I was very annoyed and upset and spend the next few hours crying and then we got drunk in a bar.  We was completely hammered by the evening and ended up drinking in the Waldorf bar.  Not sure the staff were very impressed, British binge drinking is seen as an alcohol problem in the US, but I didn’t care I was childfree and carefree.

The morning of the third day arrived and I vowed never to drink again and slept most of the day while Luke headed off to met our friends in New Jersey for brunch.   I dosed myself up on painkillers and we got ready in the evening to go to the top of the Rock and we went out for a meal at a very expensive but lovely meal.  The waiter was very passionate about his job and I felt so fantastic and clever about my order.

Our friends kindly let me borrow their camera on the forth day (surprised they trusted me) so I could take some photo’s, but I was still upset about my camera so wasn’t really in a photographic mood.  We walked around Central Park, and then in the evening went to grab some pizza and went to the movies.

The last day we met our friend for lunch to drop off their Camera and spent the remainder of our day wondering around and a quick stop in fao schwarz to get Eva a present.  You could really spend hours in there though.  I loved the Barbie football table, but with only 10 in existence and costing $25,000, not sure I am going to get one any time soon.

All in all I quite liked New York, I am sure we will go back again. Next time we wont do any of the touristy stuff though and see the real New York.  Also visit in warmer weather, the wind piecing through the buildings is just body numbing.

Also I got my camera replaced (big smiles)

Outfit info: I wore my Motel Rocks coat from last year everyday.  I have only just started wearing it.  I wore my new block heeled ankle boots from Dorothy Perkins (love these boots). The long navy dress with lace detail is the Gracie from Jarlo. Pink Jeans from Republic. Flaired Jeans from ASOS and white Aran Jumper from ASOS.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
share it on?Share on Facebook4Tweet about this on Twitter3Share on Reddit0Email this to someoneShare on StumbleUpon0Digg thisShare on TumblrPin on Pinterest11Share on Google+0

14 comments for “New York Photo Diary

1. 20 February, 2012 at 11:11 pm

wauw so jaloes of your NY trip!
    hope you had fun!
    xo

• memoirmode
      21 February, 2012 at 1:53 pm

I did, thank you xx

2. 20 February, 2012 at 11:27 pm

These are actually great photos so don’t be too sad about your old camera!

I adore New York, I’ve always dreamed of living there…

Did Eva like her present?!

• memoirmode
      21 February, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Thanks, half of them were taken with my iPhone haha. So glad I got my camera replaced though *phew. Not sure I would want to live in New York. Yes she did, you could literally spend a fortune in that shop though xx

3. Zara
    21 February, 2012 at 11:44 am

Beautiful photos…where is the dress from that you wore in the Waldorf Astoria? It is dreamy!

• memoirmode
      21 February, 2012 at 1:56 pm

What sort of style blogger am I, I forgot to put outfit info haha. Its from JARLO and I have updated links (blushes) xx

4. 21 February, 2012 at 4:39 pm

do I see an heart in the tree??? lovely :)

• memoirmode
      21 February, 2012 at 9:55 pm

It is indeed, I wondered if anyone would spot it :) xx

5. 22 February, 2012 at 8:15 am

Murphys law about the camera – that happened to me once, though my camera didn’t break, I left the memory card in someones laptop! I cried too.
    Your pictures are gorgeous, you look amazing! I hope to one day visit New York :)
    xx

• memoirmode
      22 February, 2012 at 9:42 am

The memory card with the few photos I took were ok thankfully. It was the £500 flashing before my eyes that brought on the water works haha.

Thanks, I had a good time. I think it would be much better to go in warmer weather though. I can usually deal with the cold, but the wind is just soooooo cold xx

6. 27 February, 2012 at 4:41 pm

great pictures. I’ve never been.. but determined to make it one day soon. You look hot in the dress at piano xx dawn

• memoirmode
      27 February, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Oh thanks Dawn :) I will go again, but not in winter, I just didn’t want to walk around, toooo cold xx

7. 29 February, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Oh what a lovely vacation! Sounds like you guys hit a bunch of the requisite spots. There is SO MUCH in New York that it takes a good month of straight sight-seeing to get through all of the important points. And very true about the Waldorf. It’s a beautiful hotel but definitely very old-school. You might like the W Hotels better next time – they’re fun and modern and eco-friendly, and all their locations in the city are great. New York is best in the late spring and early fall, by the way (winter’s dreary and summer is WAY too hot). Let me know if you need pointers on your next excursion! :)

• memoirmode
      1 March, 2012 at 3:02 pm

London gets too hot in the summer too, think its to do with all the vehicles, buildings and people cramped together. Not a nice heat like a beach holiday. I was going to email you for suggestions before and then it slipped my mind. Will definitely go in fall or spring next time x